Monday, July 9, 2012

Reset: Day One


Day One
An object at rest certainly likes to stay at rest. All the way home from work, I was coming up with brilliant excuses to skip the run I had planned. It looked like rain. I'm too tired. I don't want to. When I got home, I discovered that I would be home alone for the night, so I decided to do a Pilates Anytime workout. I like having the bouncy ball to follow along. When I practice Pilates, I have two general modes: classical in order and messing around doing what feels good. Sometimes, I like having someone choose what I do. It gives me one less thing to think about.  I did Class 175: Meredith Rogers - Mat Workout - Level 3. I'll say this about BASI instructors, my abdominals always tremble within the first 10 minutes. Meredith had some great approaches to exercises that I hadn't used before: side bend and side twist before side kicks, side kicks with bottom leg bent and propped on bottom elbow, and an exercise involving flexion and extension from child's pose that was really yummy, as well as a closing series integrating external shoulder rotation with slight thoracic extension.

I enjoyed the workout so much, I'm tempted to change 90 days of movement into a mat specific adventure. Perhaps I'll do 90 days on movement, 90 days of mat, 90 days of reformer, 90 days of chair...but I'll try not to get ahead of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Last entry= July 9th? That was not the most effective restart. I can say that I have kept up with movement every day. It's simply the bloging that fell by the wayside. I will say, however, that is was the project that started the ball rolling.

    ReplyDelete